So, in this article you will get to know about how you can unlock your iPhone with your Apple watch. It is quite simple.
When you are wearing a face mask, the iPhone’s face detection is less effective at automatically unlocking your phone by face detection. It becomes difficult due to mask. If you have an Apple watch running WatchOS 7.4 or later and an iPhone with iOS 14.5 or later then you can avoid taping in the password in the watch and it will automatically unlock your phone for you.
Before you enable this feature, you have to make sure that your watch is properly prepared. It should already be paired with your iPhone. Then only proceed with the below steps.
Steps to unlock your iPhone with the Apple watch
- Press the Digital Crown to see the list of watch apps and tap the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi and make sure that it is turned on with the button swiped to the right.
- Click on the Black arrow at the top left corner and then tap Bluetooth.
- So, now the Bluetooth is turned on.
- If you don’t have a password already set on your watch, tap the Passcode option and then tap Turn Passcode On and then enter your password twice to set and confirm it.
- So, you are still in the Passcode section. Now, make sure that wrist detection is enabled by swiping the button to the right.
- On your iPhone, start the Settings app.
- Click on Face ID and Passcode and then enter your phone’s passcode when requested.
- In the Unlock with Apple Watch section, turn the feature on by swiping the button beside your watch to the right.
So, now it’s done, and your watch is ready to unlock your phone whenever you will raise the phone or tap the screen even if your face is not recognized by your phone. It should be noted that this feature might take some time to work, and your watch will vibrate to let you know it has unlocked your iPhone.
By the way, Apple is set to launch Vision Pro 2 in 2024 with advanced display and you can read about it in detail on our website.
We hope that you found this article helpful and informative. For more such tech related articles please follow our website.