Unsubscribing bulk emails from Gmail can be a boring task, but there are some easy steps that you can follow to reclaim your inbox from unwanted emails.
Below are mentioned the two easiest steps that you can follow.
Method 1– Unsubscribing from individual Emails
Method 2– Using the Gmail Unsubscribe feature
Now, let’s discuss the methods in detail.
Unsubscribing from individual Emails
- Open your Gmail app.
- Open the email that you want to unsubscribe from.
- Look for the unsubscribe option. It would be present near the bottom of the mail or in the footer of the mail. In some cases, you can also see the “manage preferences” option or “update my settings” option instead.
- Then click on the “unsubscribe” option or link. Then you will be taken to a web page where they will ask you for confirmation to unsubscribe.
- Now, easily do the confirmation and you will be unsubscribed.
Using the Gmail Unsubscribe feature
- Open your Gmail app.
- Then search for the emails that you want to unsubscribe from. You can use the search bar at the top of your inbox.
- Keep your mouse over one of the emails from the sender and then you will notice a small menu next to the sender’s name.
- Then click on the “unsubscribe” option in the menu and now it will require a confirmation from you.
- Press the confirm button and your unsubscription is confirmed.
Some Important things to keep in mind
- If you are not able to find the unsubscribe option in an email, then you can forward that email to yourself and then use the Gmail unsubscribe feature.
- You can also report or add the email to the spam list. This will help Gmail filter out similar emails in the future and will not send them to the main inbox.
- You have to be careful on clicking any option when you are unsubscribing the emails. Some scammers may send emails that look the same as they are from authentic and legitimate companies to access your personal information. So, properly analyze the email first and then click the unsubscribe button.
- If you are still having any problems when unsubscribing from bulk emails, you can contact the sender directly and ask them to remove you from the emailing list.
By following the above steps, you can keep your inbox free from junk mail or unwanted mail and can easily unsubscribe from bulk mail in Gmail. Additionally, you can check whether your emails have been read or not by using Gmail’s read receipt feature. Learn more about how to do this in our guide on ‘How To Check Email is Read or Not on Gmail.’ With these strategies, not only will your inbox stay organized, but you’ll also enjoy the benefit of a clutter-free inbox, ensuring that there is ample storage space available for your important emails.